We have an established back office in Nevis for more than a decade. We offer truly low-cost, fast and confidential services.
The Nevis IBC offshore legislation, Nevis Business Corporation Ordinance - was first introduced in 1984 but was developed and subsequently amended to attract international business and compete with other offshore financial centers. Key features of the Nevis Corporation being the all inclusive tax exemption and the low incorporation and maintenance fees as well as the Confidential Relationship Act of 1985 which is intended to impose the duty of non-disclosure by parties privy to information on such matters.
Nevis Company Formation/Incorporation
Under normal circumstances, Nevis Formation can be done in one working day. The formal incorporation documents can be submitted after the registration of the Nevis Offshore Company.
Nevis IBC structure
- The minimum number of shareholders is one.
- The minimum number of directors is one.
- Shareholder(s) and director(s) may be the same person.
- The shareholder(s) and director(s) can be a natural person or a corporate body.
- There is no requirement to appoint local shareholder(s) and director(s) for Nevis Companies.
- A resident secretary is required, but nominee services are allowed.
Nevis Corporation privacy for identity of principals
The identity of the shareholder(s) or director(s) is not indicted on the Nevis incorporation documents, nor do these identities appear on any public record.
Nevis Offshore Company Confidentiality
Shareholder(s) and director(s) nominee services are used to guarantee confidentiality and privacy of beneficiaries.
Shares and capital requirements for Nevis Corporations
- Shares may be issued in any recognizable currency or in more than one recognizable currency;
- Shares can be issued with or without par value;
- Shares may be paid up in cash or through the transfer of other assets or for other consideration;
- Bearer shares are permitted, but must be held at the registered office;
- The customary share capital is USD $100,000 or an equivalent in another recognizable currency.
Nevis Corporation minimum capitalization
The minimum paid in and issued capital may be one share (USD 1) which is fully paid.
Taxation on Nevis IBC Profits
Under the Nevis IBC legislation, all offshore companies are exempt from all taxes and stamp duties.
Nevis companies books and records
Nevis Companies records and accounts do not have to be held or filed with the authorities. If the shareholders, directors or officers decide to maintain such records or accounts, these may be held anywhere in the world.
Nevis Corporation financial statements and records
There is no requirement for any financial statements, accounts or records to be kept for a Nevis Company. If it is found necessary by the director(s) or shareholder(s) these records may be held anywhere in the world.
Meetings of shareholder(s) and director(s) of Nevis Offshore Corporation
- There is no requirement for meetings of shareholder(s) and/or director(s)
- If meetings of shareholder(s) and/or director(s) are assumed these meetings can be held by telephone or any other electronic means of communication.
- Meetings of officers of a Nevis Corporation, if and when deemed necessary can be held anywhere in the world.
Nevis Offshore Corporation trade restrictions
A Nevis Company is restricted from doing business with Nevis residents or companies except where:
- It makes or maintains professional contact with solicitors, barristers, accountants, trust companies, management or secretarial companies, investment advisors, or other like entities.
- It prepares or maintains books and records within the Nevis (if it decides to keep such books and records).
- It holds meetings of its directors or members (if it so desires) in Nevis.
- It holds a lease on property that is used as office space in Nevis.
Restrictions on Nevis IBC
There are no restrictions on doing business outside of Nevis by Nevis IBCs except for illegal activities or legal activities that require additional licensing such as: banking services, insurance and Trusts services.
Other general information on Nevis Offshore Companies
- Off the shelf Nevis corporations are available;
- Foreign language names of companies are accepted, with notarized English translations;
Incorporate Offshore! Incorporate Your Wealth!
For purposes of this document, the term "Nevis Corporation" has the same meaning as "Nevis Offshore Corporation", "Nevis IBC", "Nevis Limited Company", "Nevis Limited", "Nevis Limited Offshore Company", "Nevis Offshore Company", "Nevis Offshore Companies", "Nevis Offshore Corporations", "Nevis Offshore IBC", "Offshore Nevis Company", "Nevis Offshore Exempt Company", "NBCO", "Nevis Incorporation".